Skip to content
August 22, 2026
  • Jason Statham’s Fast & Furious Spin-off With Ryan Reynolds Gets Streaming Date
  • Rory McIlroy: World No 2 pulls himself back into contention at the BMW Championship after five-under par third round | Golf News
  • If Waymo Cars Are Level 4 Automation, What Does It Take To Be A Level 5?
  • Bessent move is sign debt crisis nearing, touts gold and bitcoin

Charm – Daily News

  • Home
  • News
  • World News
  • US seeks humanitarian truce in Sudan civil war while ICC looks at el-Fasher rampage
  • World News

US seeks humanitarian truce in Sudan civil war while ICC looks at el-Fasher rampage

Cs news10 months ago05 mins
US seeks humanitarian truce in Sudan civil war while ICC looks at el-Fasher rampage

The United States is working with both sides in Sudan’s war for a possible humanitarian truce, a U.S. envoy told The Associated Press on Monday, while International Criminal Court prosecutors said they are trying to preserve evidence from last week’s rampage through a besieged city in the Darfur region.

The fall of el-Fasher heralds a new phase of the brutal two-year war in Africa’s third-largest country. (AP)

The latest alleged atrocities in famine-hit el-Fasher “are part of a broader pattern of violence that has afflicted the entire Darfur region” and “may constitute war crimes and crimes against humanity,” the ICC statement said, noting that evidence could be used in future prosecutions.

The Rapid Support Forces, a paramilitary group fighting Sudanese troops, captured el-Fasher after besieging it for 18 months. Witnesses have reported RSF fighters going house to house, killing civilians and committing sexual assaults. According to the World Health Organization, gunmen killed at least 460 people at a hospital and abducted doctors and nurses.

Details have been slow to emerge as communications are poor. The death toll remains unclear.

The fall of el-Fasher heralds a new phase of the brutal two-year war in Africa’s third-largest country. The ICC’s chief prosecutor told the Security Council in January there were grounds to believe both sides may be committing war crimes, crimes against humanity or genocide in Darfur.

Efforts toward a truce

U.S. adviser for African affairs Massad Boulos told the AP in an interview on Monday that the U.S. is working with the Sudanese army and RSF to bring about a humanitarian truce and could have an announcement “soon.”

“We were working on this for the last almost 10 days with both sides, hoping to finalize the details,” Boulos said. The U.S.-led plan would start with a three-month humanitarian truce followed by a nine-month political process, he said.

The U.S. has been working for months with Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the United Arab Emirates, calling themselves the Quad, on ways to end the war. In September, they called for a humanitarian truce for an initial three months to deliver desperately needed aid.

“The atrocities that we’ve seen, of course, are totally unacceptable,” Boulos added of videos showing RSF and allied gunmen committing atrocities against civilians including beatings, killings and sexual assaults. The AP has not been able to independently verify the videos.

Earlier this month, the ICC for the first time convicted a suspect of crimes in Darfur after looking into atrocities in the region for more than two decades. Ali Muhammad Ali Abd–al-Rahman, also known as Ali Kushayb, was found guilty of ordering mass executions and bludgeoning two prisoners to death with an ax.

Source link

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
Tagged: icc el fashed rampage icc probes el fasher violenc icc sudan civil wa International Criminal Court Local News us sudan civil war us truce sudan civil wa World News

Post navigation

Previous: Samsung Galaxy S26 Delayed Launch Date Rumoured
Next: The art of misdeal: How Donald Trump’s China tariff backfired on US

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related News

Urgent statement as people told to stay off dry grass - World News - News

Urgent statement as people told to stay off dry grass – World News – News

Cs news9 months ago 0
Live: Bangladesh’s Sheikh Hasina found guilty of crimes against humanity | Sheikh Hasina News

Live: Bangladesh’s Sheikh Hasina found guilty of crimes against humanity | Sheikh Hasina News

Cs news9 months ago 0

Archives

  • August 2026
  • July 2026
  • June 2026
  • May 2026
  • April 2026
  • March 2026
  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025

Recent Posts

  • Jason Statham’s Fast & Furious Spin-off With Ryan Reynolds Gets Streaming Date August 22, 2026
  • Rory McIlroy: World No 2 pulls himself back into contention at the BMW Championship after five-under par third round | Golf News August 22, 2026
  • If Waymo Cars Are Level 4 Automation, What Does It Take To Be A Level 5? August 22, 2026
  • Bessent move is sign debt crisis nearing, touts gold and bitcoin August 22, 2026
  • China-bound vessel with 24 crew members sinks 200 nautical miles off Odisha’s Paradip port August 22, 2026

Categories

  • Celebrity
  • Fashion
  • Finance
  • Food
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
    • China News
    • Hong Kong News
    • US News
    • World News
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • UK News
  • Uncategorized
  • Up coming

Trending News

Jason Statham’s Fast & Furious Spin-off With Ryan Reynolds Gets Streaming Date 01
35 seconds ago
02
Rory McIlroy: World No 2 pulls himself back into contention at the BMW Championship after five-under par third round | Golf News
03
If Waymo Cars Are Level 4 Automation, What Does It Take To Be A Level 5?
04
Bessent move is sign debt crisis nearing, touts gold and bitcoin
05
China-bound vessel with 24 crew members sinks 200 nautical miles off Odisha’s Paradip port
Charm - Daily News @news.charm-retirement.com 2026 Powered By BlazeThemes.