Uncategorized

Hong Kong coach driver charged over Shenzhen Bay Bridge crash

The injured were taken to two hospitals. Photo: Handout

A Hong Kong coach driver has been charged after his vehicle crashed on the Shenzhen Bay Bridge, leaving 17 passengers with minor injuries on Sunday.

Hong Kong police said on Monday that the man, surnamed Lee, 63, had been charged with dangerous driving causing grievous bodily harm.

Police said the bus had been travelling along the bridge towards Hong Kong shortly before 2pm on Sunday when it ran into the railings.

The injured were taken to two hospitals. Photo: Handout
The injured were taken to two hospitals. Photo: Handout

Emergency services were immediately dispatched to the scene and confirmed that eight men and nine women, aged between 25 and 64, suffered minor injuries, the force said.

They were taken to Tin Shui Wai and Tuen Mun hospitals.

Under the Road Traffic Ordinance, those convicted of dangerous driving causing grievous bodily harm face up to seven years’ imprisonment and a maximum fine of HK$50,000. They will also be disqualified from driving for no less than two years.

Source link

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *