Jaish-e-Mohammed’s base in Bahawalpur, Pakistan, which was targeted during Operation Sindoor last year, has been completely rebuilt, according to a report which cites visuals from the site.
15 months after the Indian armed forces struck the JeM headquarters, visuals accessed by India Today TV reportedly show that the camp, located in Pakistan’s Punjab province, has been restored with new marble, fresh paint and plaster.
The Indian Air Force had struck the JeM’s headquarters on May 7, 2025, in retaliation for the Pahalgam terror attack in April last year.
Also Read | One year of Operation Sindoor: How India crippled terror to avenge Pahalgam killings
According to the visuals cited by the India Today report, the structure is now refurbished, effectively concealing the damage caused by the strikes during Operation Sindoor.
Meanwhile, damaged structures adjoining the main complex have also allegedly been cleared, with new construction coming up in their place. Among the damaged buildings were the Madrasa Al-Sabir and residential quarters used by JeM commanders.
Damaged concealed, PKR 25 crore spent in reconstruction
PKR 25 crore was allegedly given in cash instalments for the restoration of the base, India Today reported citing intelligence inputs. According to the report, impact craters in the central hall of the base were filled and the damaged domes rebuilt. Around PKR 11 crore was reportedly spent specifically on rebuilding the central hall.
The latest visuals show a significant speed in reconstruction, when compared with the visuals accessed by the news channel in April earlier this year. The footage had reportedly showed heavy machinery and construction vehicles at the compound, with repair work underway for the damaged domes. A month later, in May, high-resolution imagery accessed by India Today TV had shown the domes appearing darker, allegedly implying fresh cement work on the structures. The most recent visuals show that the restoration has progressed substantially, with the damaged structures refurbished, the debris cleared and the complex appearing to be functional once more.
The complex has served as a hub for terror indoctrination and training, including regular weapons handling, physical drills, and religious instruction for recruits. Post-Operation Sindoor, terror organisations, including JeM, HM, and LeT, had reportedly shifted base to Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) province.
India had last year, after the Operation Sindoor strikes, said the armed forces had struck terror camps, airfields and aircraft in Pakistan in a calibrated operation. “We struck and decimated their 9 terrorist camps on 7th May. The proof is there for everybody to see. We struck 11 of their airfields. We destroyed 13 of their aircraft either on the ground or in the air, including one high-value airborne asset at a record distance of 300 kilometres plus,” Air Marshal AK Bharti had said at the time.