Hong Kong pharmacies have begun removing batches of Nestle infant milk formula from their shelves, following a recall prompted by potential contamination with a toxin that can cause nausea and vomiting.
Nestle Hong Kong apologised to parents for any distress or inconvenience caused, saying that it had not received any reports of illness or discomfort related to the products to date.
Hong Kong food safety authorities said on Tuesday that Nestle had initiated a voluntary precautionary recall of certain batches of infant formula in parts of Europe, as some raw materials might contain substances derived from the microorganism Bacillus cereus.
The Post visited six pharmacies in Causeway Bay selling Nestle infant and young children’s formula on Wednesday. One staff member said Nestle representatives arrived on Tuesday to collect the affected batches, while other products from the brand remained available on the shelves.

At another pharmacy in the area, a staff member in his 20s, who gave his name only as Kit, said he had briefly seen the news earlier in the morning but had not yet received any official instructions.