‘Joan Laporta, who will take office next July 1, spoke out about last week’s viral press conference in which Florentino Pérez announced that he was calling elections at Real Madrid and running for the presidency. In it, he fired live rounds over the Negreira Case and claimed that he had only won seven La Liga titles, which could have been 14, because they had been stolen from him. The blaugrana club announced hours after the appearance that it was considering taking legal action, and this Friday the Catalan lawyer did not hold back, at the Koeman Cup.’
“”I think it was grotesque, but that it had a strategy. The one I told you about… it was trying to divert attention from two years without winning anything, and this has them very worried. Somehow they have to justify the unjustifiable, and the best way is to turn on the fan of miseries and throw everything they can at Barcelona. We are not going to allow this. Surely we will react at the club,” stated the president-elect.’
When they have Barcelonitis, it suits us just fine
‘Laporta warned that Florentino is free to say whatever he wants, as long as he does not drag the blaugrana club into it. “As long as they do not use Barça to cover up their problems, I respect it. When they use Barça, we react. In that press conference they tried to use Barça in a grotesque way by telling falsehoods regarding one issue, claiming things that are not true. As for the rest, I neither care nor interfere, because I do not care what they say in Madrid or about Madrid. When they talk about Barça we react forcefully. Yuste came out describing that press conference, and I agree with him,” he asserted.’
He was trying to divert attention from two years without winning anything, and that has them very worried
The president-elect of Catalonia recalled that relations with Los Blancos have been broken off since they appeared in connection with the Negreira Case. “They act in a way that, from my point of view, is inappropriate,” he said.
At that press conference they tried to use Barça in an absurd way, telling falsehoods about an issue and stating things that are not true
‘Furthermore, the lawyer considered that there is Barça obsession in the Madrid camp. “What concerns us is Barça. Barça is my vocation and I am strong enough to move this institution forward. We are back on a very good path. We are consolidating the economic recovery, we are going to finish the stadium, and we will have a very competitive team. The rest… I see that when they have Barça obsession, it works out well for us. We are with and for Barça“, he stated.’
Market
Laporta also referred to the departure of Lewandowski and to the difficult task now facing Barcelona of finding a reliable striker. “Last year we needed a goalkeeper and Deco brought in Joan. He is working on what we need. Robert has left us, and he gave us sporting and financial quality of enormous magnitude. This is not about making signings for show. We have world-class leaders and changing them could be a mistake. The squad needs strengthening. We have never made signings for show. What we have to do is bring calm and composure. We culés will like whatever Deco decides. Just because we are now under the 1:1 rule does not mean we are going to throw caution to the wind,” he explained.
Just because we are now under the 1:1 rule doesn’t mean we’re going to go on a spending spree
Finally, he appeared to be on the same page as the sporting director on Tuesday night and did not want to rule out any of the possible signings linked to Barcelona.