ISTANBUL, TURKEY – FEBRUARY 17: Noa Lang of Galatasaray A.S. celebrates after the team’s victory during the UEFA Champions League 2025/26 League Knockout Play-off First Leg match between Galatasaray A.S. and Juventus at Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi on February 17, 2026 in Istanbul, Turkey. (Photo by Burak Kara/Getty Images)
Noa Lang has spoken candidly about his difficult spell at Napoli, revealing that Antonio Conte’s system was fundamentally incompatible with his natural game and that he went five days without touching a ball in training under the Italian coach.
The Dutch winger joined Napoli last summer before moving to Galatasaray on loan in January, where he contributed two goals and three assists in 19 appearances.
Speaking to EFL Voetbal, with quotes via TuttoMercatoWeb, Lang was refreshingly open about why the Italian adventure failed to work out.

Lang reveals culture shock of Conte’s training methods after Napoli exit
“When a great coach like Antonio Conte wants you, you go,” Lang said.
“But sometimes things just go the way they have to go. From the start we played a system that did not include wide attackers. For that reason I had to take on a different role from the one I had been used to all my life. That just did not suit me at all.”
The 26-year-old was equally candid about the training environment under Conte.
“I was used to small tournaments in training, five-a-sides, shooting drills and fun,” he said. “At Napoli we did not see the ball for five days. I have absolutely no regrets about my choice, it was a very formative six months.
“Even just the pre-season training camp in the mountains was an experience in itself. But it was not right for me.”
Lang also revealed that Netherlands coach Ronald Koeman fully supported his mid-season move to Galatasaray, with the Turkish club’s scale impressing even his international boss.
Despite this, Galatasaray look unlikely to purchase Lang permanently and he will return to Napoli in the summer, at least temporarily.