Uncategorized

Tai Po public housing site ‘viable option’ for fire victims, Hong Kong councillors say

Tai Po public housing site ‘viable option’ for fire victims, Hong Kong councillors say

Hong Kong district councillors have proposed building residential blocks on a Tai Po site reserved for public housing to resettle residents displaced by last year’s deadly fire, with about 1,300 flats expected by 2030.

Lo Hiu-fung, chairman of Tai Po district council’s newly set up working group on building management, also said he would convene the first meeting on Thursday to address maintenance and water leakage issues in other blocks in the area.

In an interview with the Post on Wednesday, Lo said the Chung Nga Road site in Tai Po “emerged as a viable option” for rehousing residents displaced by the city’s deadliest fire in decades.

The plot, about 1.5km from the fire-ravaged Wang Fuk Court, was originally earmarked for a public housing project with around 1,300 flats, slated for completion by 2030.

“The site has already been levelled and is suitable for development … It is also surrounded by basic traffic and community infrastructure,” Lo said.

“The government should consider this plot if it wants to help residents resettle as soon as possible.”

Source link

Visited 2 times, 1 visit(s) today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *