Skip to content
February 22, 2026
  • Trump says he is sending a hospital ship to Greenland
  • HK$261 million of frozen crime funds may take 7 years to reach Hong Kong coffers
  • Japan, U.S. Discuss China’s Alleged Nuclear Test
  • The Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF Has Surged 15% to Start 2026. Here’s the Secret Fuel Source Driving the Rally.

Charm – Daily News

  • Home
  • Labour Department
  • Page 6

Tag: Labour Department

Keeta rider with no ID or work visa risks arrest to eke out living in Hong Kong
  • Hong Kong News

Keeta rider with no ID or work visa risks arrest to eke out living in Hong Kong

Cs news9 months ago02 mins

Azfar* struggles to make ends meet by working illegally as a rider for food delivery platform Keeta in Hong Kong, putting him at risk of arrest as he lacks an ID card and work visa. For the past eight months, the 27-year-old Pakistani has used the Keeta rider account belonging to his cousin, a Hong…

Read More
Hong Kong officials launch probe after worker falls to his death at luxury villa
  • Hong Kong News

Hong Kong officials launch probe after worker falls to his death at luxury villa

Cs news9 months ago02 mins

Hong Kong authorities have ordered the suspension of renovation work at a luxury villa and launched an investigation after a labourer fell to his death from a canopy into a swimming pool. Police said on Saturday that the 67-year-old had been working on the canopy in an upmarket residential compound in Sheung Shui the day…

Read More
Over 100 Ocean Empire staff owed money before sudden closure, union says, with claims totalling over HK$15M
  • Hong Kong News

Over 100 Ocean Empire staff owed money before sudden closure: Union

Cs news10 months ago06 mins

Restaurant chain Ocean Empire failed to pay over 100 workers before its sudden closure, with the Labour Department estimating that claims totalled around HK$15 million. Branch of Ocean Empire in Wan Chai closes its door on May 8, 2025 as the chain announced a sudden closure. Photo: Irene Chan. Around 110 workers were not given…

Read More
‘We tried our best’: owners of failed Hong Kong congee chain break silence
  • Hong Kong News

‘We tried our best’: owners of failed Hong Kong congee chain break silence

Cs news10 months ago02 mins

The owners of a Hong Kong congee restaurant chain that closed abruptly, leaving about 100 unpaid workers in limbo, have broken their silence, saying they made the difficult decision after selling their own assets and borrowing money in a bid to stay afloat. The city’s Labour minister said on Saturday that the government had been…

Read More
‘Irresponsible’: Hong Kong congee chain slammed for asking government to pay workers
  • Hong Kong News

‘Irresponsible’: Hong Kong congee chain slammed for asking government to pay workers

Cs news10 months ago02 mins

The referral of workers to labour authorities to claim unpaid wages is an “irresponsible” move, a lawmaker and a fellow union member have said, slamming the owners of a three-decade-old Hong Kong congee restaurant chain that left more than 100 employees in limbo after its abrupt closure. Speaking ahead of a staff meeting scheduled for…

Read More
‘Irresponsible’: Hong Kong congee chain slammed for asking government to pay workers
  • Hong Kong News

‘Irresponsible’: Hong Kong congee chain slammed for asking government to pay workers

Cs news10 months ago02 mins

The referral of workers to labour authorities to claim unpaid wages is an “irresponsible” move, a lawmaker and a rights activist have said, slamming the owners of a three-decade-old Hong Kong congee restaurant chain, which left more than 100 employees in limbo after its abrupt closure. They also said ahead of a staff meeting scheduled…

Read More
Hong Kong congee chain’s closure leaves mainland workers without wages, home
  • Hong Kong News

Hong Kong congee chain’s closure leaves mainland workers without wages, home

Cs news10 months ago02 mins

The abrupt closure of a three-decade-old congee restaurant chain in Hong Kong has left around 20 imported workers from mainland China facing eviction from their dormitory and worried about being sent home without collecting unpaid wages. The mainland workers, who arrived in Hong Kong through the city’s supplementary labour scheme in May last year, were…

Read More
Hong Kong restaurant chain Ocean Empire shuts all outlets after 33 years in operation
  • Hong Kong News

HK restaurant chain Ocean Empire shuts all outlets

Cs news10 months ago04 mins

Hong Kong restaurant chain Ocean Empire has announced the closure of all its branches, putting an end to its 33-year history. Ocean Empire’s Wan Chai branch on May 8, 2025. Photo: Irene Chan/HKFP. The company informed staff of the decision on Wednesday, saying the closure of its seven branches and the termination of all staff…

Read More
Hong Kong’s Ocean Empire congee chain shuts down all restaurants after 33 years
  • Hong Kong News

Hong Kong’s Ocean Empire congee chain shuts down all restaurants after 33 years

Cs news10 months ago02 mins

A popular 33-year-old congee restaurant chain has announced the closure of all its locations due to worsening operating and financial conditions, joining a growing wave of shop shutdowns in Hong Kong. Ocean Empire Food Shop, held by Ocean Empire International Limited, informed its staff members of its decision in a letter on Wednesday night. “The…

Read More
Worker falls to death at Hong Kong construction site despite wearing harness
  • Hong Kong News

Worker falls to death at Hong Kong construction site despite wearing harness

Cs news10 months ago01 mins

A worker fell to his death at a construction site in Hong Kong on Tuesday, despite reportedly wearing a safety harness. The 62-year-old scaffolder was working on the fifth floor of a construction site on On Chuen Street, next to the Grace Industrial Building, in Fanling and fell sometime before 3pm. His colleagues found him…

Read More
  • 1
  • …
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7

Archives

  • February 2026
  • January 2026
  • December 2025
  • November 2025
  • October 2025
  • September 2025
  • August 2025
  • July 2025
  • June 2025
  • May 2025

Recent Posts

  • Trump says he is sending a hospital ship to Greenland February 22, 2026
  • HK$261 million of frozen crime funds may take 7 years to reach Hong Kong coffers February 22, 2026
  • Japan, U.S. Discuss China’s Alleged Nuclear Test February 22, 2026
  • The Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF Has Surged 15% to Start 2026. Here’s the Secret Fuel Source Driving the Rally. February 22, 2026
  • Augsburg head coach explains surprise, and successful, start for young Portuguese striker Rodrigo Ribeiro (20) February 22, 2026

Categories

  • Celebrity
  • Fashion
  • Finance
  • Food
  • Health
  • Lifestyle
  • News
    • China News
    • Hong Kong News
    • US News
    • World News
  • Sports
  • Technology
  • Travel
  • UK News
  • Uncategorized
  • Up coming

Trending News

Trump says he is sending a hospital ship to Greenland 01
24 minutes ago
02
HK$261 million of frozen crime funds may take 7 years to reach Hong Kong coffers
03
Japan, U.S. Discuss China’s Alleged Nuclear Test
04
The Schwab U.S. Dividend Equity ETF Has Surged 15% to Start 2026. Here’s the Secret Fuel Source Driving the Rally.
05
Augsburg head coach explains surprise, and successful, start for young Portuguese striker Rodrigo Ribeiro (20)
Charm - Daily News @news.charm-retirement.com 2026 Powered By BlazeThemes.